Thursday, December 3, 2009

PhD studentships in Materials Engineering at The Open University UK


Application Deadline: 28/02/2010

Source: http://www3.open.ac.uk/employment/job-details.asp?id=4926&ref=ext

PhD studentships in Materials Engineering, Faculty of Maths, Computing and Technology

Three-year PhD studentships, Based in Milton Keynes



The Materials Engineering group has vacancies for PhD studentships in the general fields of mechanics of materials, joining technologies, residual stress characterisation, structural integrity and high temperature behaviour. Some studentships are available with full stipend and fees, for UK, EU and international applicants.

Precise research topics will depend on the expertise on the student recruited and the source of funding for the particular project. Likely areas include the validation and accuracy of residual stress measurement techniques applied to welds, including neutron diffraction and the newly-developed contour method; high-temperature microstructural evolution in materials for aerospace applications; and creep of materials for power plant applications.

You should have or expect to gain a good Materials Science, Engineering or Physics degree.

Closing date: 28 February 2010 although the studentships will remain open until filled.

Equal Opportunity is University Policy.

2 comments:

faghedi said...

DEAR SIR

Kindly be informed that I am MsC graduated having education resume as bellow:

-BS degree in metallurgy and material science – Sharif University of Technology-Tehran-Iran 1988-1992)
BS thesis: Super plasticity in tools steels.
2- -MS Degree in material science - Tehran Polytechnic University-Tehran-Iran (1993-1996)
MS Thesis: Effect of heat treatment&grain size on formability of Alluminum alloys
(Top student of department by average 17.56 OF 20)
-Welding Engineer (IIW, EWE, DVS FROM SLV (Welding Research Institute of Germany) Duisburg-Germany (1999)
- PMP certified (Project Management Professional)
- RTI (II) &UT (II)
It is nice of you to demand other required information (if any)
- assistant of Mechanical Metallurgy in the faculty
Hereby I request to apply for mentioned PhD project as studentship.
Waiting for your kind reply I remain.
Truly Yours
M.R. Faghedi

Unknown said...

Dear Sir
I saw your PhD studentship position. I am happy to say that I am graduated MSc. of corrosion and protection of one of the prestigious universities in Iran (Isfahan University of Technology).
My thesis title was "Effect of TIG Welding on Corrosion Behaviour of 316L SS" from 2003-2005. I am honoured by my faculty as best graduted student in my subject (17.08 of 20). I hope I can supplement my experience in the field of corrosion. Hereby I request to apply for this position. My E-mail address is: mdadfar2001@yahoo.com or mdadfar2001@gmail.com
I'll be waiting for your kind reply.
scincerely regards.
M. Dadfar